Age and driving license:
1) The Lessee/driver of a rental car has to be at least 21 years old and driver license held for at least one year.
2) All drivers must hold a full, valid driver’s license for the entire rental period, with at least one driving holding a major credit card.
3) The Lessee/s must present their passport at time of vehicle pick up. Only drivers specified on the contract are allowed to drive Lowriders vehicles. All specified drivers with their licenses must be present at time of vehicle pick up to sign paperwork.
Method of payment:
4) The Lessee will make a booking online via our website by providing his details and date of hiring period. After checking the availability, Lowriders will send the lessee via email a booking confirmation and the payment receipt for the deposit (30% of the total amount of the rental rate). By payment of the deposit, the lessee accepts the general terms and conditions of Lowriders rental and the rental agreement is binding for both, the lessee and Lowriders Rental. Full payment for the rental fee and any additional equipment or services is then required 14 days before the collection of the vehicle. In the opposite case, the booking is considered cancelled. The rental agreement and invoice will also serve as confirmation/proof of the booking.
Payments can be made via bank transfer, paypal or credit card.
A credit card imprint will be taken at the start of all rentals for security reasons, even when a driver covers the cost of the rental via paypal, credit card or in cash. This credit card imprint may be used to pay all extra charges, extra insurance, parking tickets, damages or any cost due to the use of the rented vehicle.
At booking through our web-page we charge 30% confirmation fee, the balance to be paid two weeks prior to the collection of vehicle.
5) Before delivery of a Lowriders vehicle to Lessee, a security deposit is required. The security deposit is currently 1100 euros, which will be taken as an authorization (not a charge) on the primary driver’s credit card. Please make sure the funds are available on your card. This authorization will be cancelled upon the return of the vehicle if it is deemed undamaged, clean, all equipment is returned and in the same condition as when rented, and the vehicle is returned with a full tank of gas, as per the terms of this Rental Agreement. The deposit can be taken also as a bank transfer or via paypal.
- 1 % deductible and loss of liability insurance bonus in case of car accident or vehicle damage
- minor outside and inside damages on the camper van
- missing equipment from the Inventory checklist
- damage which is not covered by the liability insurance
- travel expenses for taking the camper van from the company’s seat to the authorized service provider
- any traffic violations committed during the camper van hire
If at the redelivery the camper van is not damaged and no equipment is missing, the deposit will be returned in full. Security deposit will be transferred to the lessee’s transaction account within 10 working days following the day of the camper van redelivery.
In case it is not possible to assess the damages immediately, Lowriders rental has 60 days to settle and refund the deposit, if appropriate, or claim the difference of this deposit and the cost of the damages.
The Lessee also agrees to pay the following unpredictable costs:
- the amount of any type of penalties, fines, judicial and extrajudicial expenses arising from any traffic violation, whether administrative, criminal or any other kind, which are directed against vehicle, the Lessee or Lowriders Rental, during the rental period, unless it is due to Lowriders Rental
- in the event that the vehicle is retained, blocked, sealed, deposited, seized, damaged or otherwise immobilized by any reason due to Lessee’s fault, all expenses will be on the account of the Lessee, including the company profit loss on hiring during the term of the vehicle’s detention.
- expenses incurred by Lowriders Rental (including Lawyers and attorneys’ fees, even though their intervention was not mandatory) in claiming the amounts owed by the Lessee under this contract.
- all damages caused to a third party or to Lowriders Rental not covered by the insurance of the vehicle.
- if the Lessee delays payments, late payment interests shall apply in accordance with the legislation in force.
Obligations of the lessee and extra driver (s) (if applicable)
6) The Lessee agrees to the provisions of the lease and has received a copy of it.
7) The Lessee will return the vehicle:
a) With all attachments, including tires, tools, documents, maps and other items in or on the vehicle at the start of rental, in the same condition as upon receipt, except for normal wear and tear from use. If something is missing the lessee agrees that the cost price of individual items missing at the return of vehicle to the Lessor will be charged to the Lessee´s credit card. The same applies if extra parts on or in the vehicle are missing upon the vehicle’s return or if returned in an unsatisfactory condition, i.e. these items will be deducted from the deposit
b) On the date and time specified by the lease, unless otherwise agreed later
c) We expect our cars to be returned as clean as it was when delivered (only interior).
8) If the Lessee violates the terms of this contract or does not return the car at the time agreed according to lease, or does not declare his intention to extend the lease, the lessor or the police are authorized to repossess the vehicle without further notice and at the lessee’s cost. Extending the lease is dependent on the consent of the lessor. If the lessee returns the vehicle 1 hour or later after the lease has expired, the lessor is authorized to demand up to 24-hours rental under the terms of the lease. For every day that begins thereafter, lessor may collect all charges as per the lessor’s pricelist.
9) The vehicle shall be handled and driven carefully. Only those named as drivers on the first page of the rental agreement are authorized to drive the vehicle. If the Lessee leaves the vehicle at a different location than stated in this rental agreement the Lessor is may charge the Lessee according to the Lessor’s pricelist for cost of incurred thereof. The Lessee is liable for any damage resulting from use of the vehicle not covered by insurance. This includes, but not limited to, damages to the automobile and/or injury to passengers due to the following:
a) Off-road driving,e.g. on paths and tracks, on beaches, in areas only accessible during low tide, or in other trackless areas
b) Vehicle use that contravenes Croatian (or any other applicable country) law and/or the provisions of the lease or driving under the influence of any intoxicants
c) Driving in or across rivers or any kind of waterways. Such driving is totally the responsibility of the lessee
d) Driving in banks of snow and ice
10) In the event of a collision or accident the Lessee shall immediately notify the appropriate police authorities as well as the Lessor of the incident, and the lessee may not leave the scene of incident before the arrival of police.
11) Should the rental contract be based the number of actual kilometers driven their number is determined by the odometer in the vehicle supplied by the manufacturer.
12) The Lessor is not responsible for the disappearance of or damage to property left by the Lessee or any other party in the vehicle. The Lessee agrees to pay the Lessor, upon request, any and all expenses incurred by the lessor by the transport of the vehicle to the base of operations, in case the vehicle being left without supervision, or proper regard to condition of the vehicle, the roads or the weather.
13) The Lessee is not authorized to have repairs done or make changes to the vehicle or its accessories, or to put the vehicle up as any kind of security, without the prior confirmed consent of the Lessor.
14) The Lessee and additional drivers are responsible for all penalties and fees pertaining to traffic and / or parking during the rental,. Lowriders Rental may, in the event of notice of a traffic or parking offense / compensation incurred during the lease, send to the Lessee and / or additional driver(s) a copy of such notice as soon as possible and provide the necessary information to the competent authority for issuing such notice. Lowriders Rental has the right to charge a driver and/or additional driver(s) an administrative fee of 35 E to cover processing costs and notification of the competent authority, lessee and additional driver(s) of any traffic and / or parking violations and fees.
In the event that a Lowriders Rental is obliged to pay a fee for traffic or parking offenses, Lowriders Rental will get after the lessee legally and charge his account for the amount of the fee paid, plus interest and other charges.
15) The Lessee is not authorized to use the vehicle to transport passengers for payment, lend it to others, or sublease it.
Obligations of the Lessor:
16) The Lessor undertakes to supply the vehicle at the agreed time and see to that it meets the demands made for it.
17) In case of vehicle malfunction, the Lessor shall supply the Lessee with a vehicle and as soon as possible. If the damage is minor, the Lessee can be authorized to have repairs done to the vehicle after obtaining the Lessors confirmed consent. The Lessor will then refund the amount of the cost to the Lessee, but only with a proof of receipt for the actions taken by the repairmen.
18) The Lessor shall inform the Lessee of the content of the agreement particularly as regards the obligations that the lessee undertakes by signing it.
19) If the Lessor limits the use of the vehicle with regard to its equipment and/or condition, this shall be done in writing at the signature of contract. The lessor undertakes to maintain valid liability insurance for his business operations.
20) The lease sum/rental fee includes mandatory vehicle insurance, including liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and the owner (basic insurance).
21) The lessee may purchase separate insurance(s). Please check the information on insurances under that topic.
22) Basic insurance does not cover:
a) Intentional damage or damage due to gross negligence on the part of the driver
b) Damage resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives, or in any other way incapable of driving the vehicle in safe manner
c) Damage due to race or test driving
d) Damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest or riots
e) Damage done by animals
f) Holes burned into seats, carpets or mats
g) Damage affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windows), radios, or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damage resulting from this
h) Damage caused to the vehicles´ transmission, drive other parts that are in or attached to the chassis; damage to the chassis resulting from scraping the bottom on rough roads or as a result of ridges being left by road graders, stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damage by stones striking the underside of the vehicle during driving
i) Cost of transporting or towing the vehicle to the return location in the event of a collision or accident
j) Damages resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers or streams, beaches, places only accessible at low tide, or other trackless areas
k) Damages caused by sand, gravel, rocks, ash, pumice, or other kinds of earth material being blown onto the vehicle
l) If the vehicle is transported by sea, no compensation will be paid for damage caused by sea spray/seawater
m) Lessors loss because of the vehicle being stolen
n) Water damage to the vehicle
In other instances, reference is made to the general conditions for accident/all-risks insurance.
23) Insurance:The lessee is totally responsible for any and all damage to the car. By purchasing Premium insurance lessee can lower the own-risk.
24) However, no insurance covers damages to the underside of the rented vehicle or damages due to driving through rivers or any kind of waterfall. Neither basic or premium insurance do not cover such damages. Such damages are always the lessee’s full responsibility
25) The Lessee may purchase: a) Gravel Protection (GP); which covers the Lessee for damages caused by gravel on the windshield, headlights and body of the car, and b) Theft Insurance (TI) ; which covers the Lessee for total loss of the car if stolen. The insurance doesn’t cover the loss of the personal belongings.
With basic insurance the lessee is liable for up to EUR 1100 E self-risk and EUR 320 self risk with Premium insurance.
Premium insurance costs EUR 18 per day , GP EUR 10 per day and TI EUR 5 per day.
26) All cancellations must be made in writing via email to Lowriders Rental. If the Lessee cancels less than 30 days prior to pick-up 30% of confirmation fee will not be refunded.
For reservation made 15 days prior to the departure date no refunds will be issued.
The 30 % of confirmation fee is not refundable for the reservations during the high season.
Once Lowriders Rental has confirmed a booking and the lessee has canceled the confirmed reservation the lessee is responsible for all cost of money transfer and bank transactions.
27) We expect our customers to be punctual when picking up or dropping off the camper vans. If the lessee is for some reason unable to be at the pick-up/drop-off point at the pre-assigned time we ask that we be contacted as soon as possible by phone or email so that we may reschedule. In case the lessee does not show up on time for pick-up/drop-off we reserve the right to reschedule the pick-up/drop-off to another time on that same date according to the availability of our staff and this may result in a late/no-show fee of 50 EUR to recover our costs.
28) All rentals are subject to the terms and conditions of LowRiders’ Rental Agreement and its Addendum and any supplemental Rental Agreement. Rates, policies, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. LowRiders Rental reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. LowRiders Rental assumes no responsibility for any detention, delay, loss, damage or injury that Renter might experience, no matter how it is caused or by whom.
29) The Lessee confirms with his or her signature to this rental agreement that he or she received the vehicle and attachments in sound condition. The Lessee confirms that it will not hold the Lessor liable for any damage, delays or any other possible costs that may occur due to mechanical failures of the vehicle.
30) Signing this rental agreement is equal to Lessee´s signature for a credit card transaction due to payments of charges which Lessor charges to lessee’s credit card and is rightfully claimed by the lessor according to provisions of this rental agreement.
31) This rental agreement shall always be kept in the vehicle while on the responsibility of the Lessee.
32) Additions and amendments to the conditions and provisions of this lease agreement shall only be made in writing and signed by both parties thereof.
33) Croatian law applies to agreements made on the basis of terms stated above. This includes any possible claims for compensation. This applies both to the basis for and the calculation of compensation. The same applies to claims for damage based on liability outside this agreement. If legal disputes arise concerning the lease agreement, they will be heard before the Lessor´s legal venue.
OTHER IMPORTANT RULES
34) Smoking is prohibited in the vehicle. In case of contravention a fee of 200 Euros will be charged from the Credit Card.
35) No pets are allowed (except designated service dogs) in the vehicles. Breaking this rule will result in a fine of 200 Euros that will be charged from the Credit Card.
36) Towing of anything by a LowRiders vehicle is prohibited at all times.
37) All passengers must use vehicle restraint systems (seatbelts) while vehicle is in motion. No passenger is to travel in the back of the vehicle (or in the roof tent that must be always assembled during the ride), unless factory seats and seatbelts are installed and used. LowRiders rental does not accept any liability for any injuries incurred to passengers traveling in the back of the vehicle while not using seatbelts.
38) The Lessee agrees by signing this agreement, should a vehicle sustain damage or loss for which the Lessee is responsible, that the following documents shall be considered as sufficient evidence regarding the cost and extent of such damage or loss, whether a civil case is filed or not: 1) Detailed invoice from the Lessor´s own garage, or an approved garage 2) A photograph(s) of damage or loss of vehicle. 3) Signed Rental Agreement. 4) Damage report filled out by the Lessors employee.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
39) Lowriders Rental aims to resolve any disputes amicably. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Croatia and any unresolved disputes arisen from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, and this Rental Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Croatian courts relevant to Lowriders rental registered office.